Permanent residence in Slovakia.
Many of our clients, still only making the decision to immigrate, set themselves the ultimate goal of obtaining a permanent residence permit in Slovakia, the so-called permanent residence. At many this moment is already very close, many have already crossed the line and have become lucky owners of a permanent residence card (permanent residence).
For those who are not yet the owner of this document, we decided to cover this issue with all the details.
There are several types of forms that permit permanent residence in Slovakia.
1. Permanent residence for a period of 5 years;
- This possibility can be used by the spouse of a citizen of the country or a person who has permanent residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic. And it can also be a direct relative of the first line of kinship of a citizen of Slovakia;
- An unmarried child under 18 years of age whose guardian is a foreigner whose spouse is a citizen or has a permanent residence in Slovakia;
- An unmarried child of less than 18 years of age with a foreign nationality who is in a prolonged poor state of health, poorly provided, but with a guardian who has permanent residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period of 5 years;
- In case of interest of the Slovak Republic.
As can be seen from the above, the maximum this category applies to those who are primarily the spouse or spouse of a citizen of Slovakia. And although this permission is called "permanent", in fact, its validity is 5 years. When applying for a spouse or spouse of a Slovak citizen, the procedure includes an interview with a police inspector. Questions of the representative of the authorities are very detailed, offensive and deeply personal aspects of life together. If within 5 years the marriage will be terminated, then the spouse who has permanent residence of the Slovak Republic automatically loses it. Apply for a permanent residence permit can be submitted both in the territory of the Slovak Republic and in the Consular Section of the Slovak Republic. The application must be accompanied by all the documents required by law. The time for consideration of the application for permanent residence by the police for foreigners is 90 days. In case the receipt of permanent residence is interesting to the Slovak Republic, the decision will be made within 30 days.
2. Permanent residence unlimited by term.
A positive decision on the issue of permanent residence with an unlimited term, the police for foreigners of the Slovak Republic will issue, if:
- a person has at least four years of residence in the territory of Slovakia in the status of permanent residence for a period of five years;
- is a witness in a court proceeding in a situation where this procedure is necessary to grant assistance or protection to a person applying for a permanent residence permit;
- a case requiring a special approach;
- the case where the Slovak special service solicits the receipt of permanent residence;
- staying in a tolerant stay for a minimum period of three years, provided that the applicant has visited the educational institution in the territory of the Slovak Republic for a given period of time.
3. Permanent residence of a long-term.
With rare exceptions, the police for foreigners issues a positive decision on the grant of permanent residence for a long time in the following cases.
- Stay legally and continuously in the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period of at least five years;
- has a blue EU card for 5 years, of which two years has a Slovak blue card.
This type of permanent residence is the most common and common, as it is suitable for all citizens of the post-Soviet space, even not being the spouse or spouse of a citizen of Slovakia. Application for this type of permanent residence is most often served by our compatriots who lived in the territory of the Slovak Republic in the status of an entrepreneur (entrepreneurial residence permit or residence permit on the basis of s.r.o (firm)), as well as residence permit on the basis of family reunification. To apply for permanent residence, the holder of the above residence permits must have lived in the territory of the Slovak Republic for at least five years. This time interval starts not from the moment you receive a temporary residence permit, but after you crossed the border of Slovakia already after making a decision to give you the first temporary residence permit.
In a five-year period of residence permit, giving the right to apply for permanent residence, no more than six months following one another or no more than ten months of the absence of a third country citizen in the territory of the Slovak Republic with the current temporary residence permit. At the student's temporary residence permit in the time taken into account for obtaining permanent residence, half of the stay in the territory of the Slovak Republic is taken into account. Thus, finding one year in the territory of Slovakia in the student status gives in time for permanent residence only six months.
If you are a holder of a blue EU card within a period that gives you the right to apply for permanent residence in Slovakia, they will be accounted for no more than twelve months following one another, or no more than eighteen in total, during which a third country citizen was not in the territory of the Slovak Republic .
When applying for a permanent residence in the police for foreigners, it is enough to file only a petition, you must have, of course, documents certifying your identity and a document confirming your right to a temporary residence permit. The remaining documents required by the procedure are allowed to be reported later.
The decision on the issue of permanent residence is made by the police for foreigners within 90 days.
You can be stripped of permanent residence status in the following cases:
- being outside the territory of the Slovak Republic for more than six years continuously;
- being outside the EU for more than twelve months (applies to persons who received permanent residence on the basis of five years of residence, as well as those who received permanent residence on the basis of five years of operation of the blue card);
Deprivation of permanent residence entails the passage of the entire procedure anew. From the filing of the first application for the first type of residence until all the rules of the five-year stay in the status of the temporary residence permit have been observed.
4. The right to reside in the Slovak Republic of a citizen of the EU country and his family.
This type of document is issued on the basis of the right of stay of EU citizens in the territory of the Slovak Republic. This decision is taken on the basis of existing international agreements.
All the above forms fall under the term "permanent residence" for short or permanent residence, or, much less frequently, the wording "permanent residence permit" is used.
To date, permanent residence in Slovakia (as well as permanent residence in Europe) is the most desirable form of immigration. Unlike the residence permit, this form has a number of advantages that make this type of immigration in Slovakia so urgent. Firstly, the need for an annual extension of the residence permit is lost, which is inevitable with a residence permit. This saves not only temporary resources, but also does not limit in movement. After all, if the card for residence permits in Slovakia is late for you (the deadline indicated in the document has expired) and the documents are in the police for an extension to leave Slovakia, you have no right. In addition, the extension is always connected with the emotional background: will the police for foreigners extend your residence permit? Do not have to go again for an interview? Will there be a check on the residence meter? and so on. With the status of permanent residence, of course, all this does not have to survive.
In addition, a permanent place of residence gives you the opportunity, without losing your citizenship, and without violating the laws of your country for a long time to live abroad, and there is no need to renounce citizenship.
I hope that for you the long-awaited moment of obtaining the status of a permanent place of residence is already near and we are happy to help you in preparing a package of documents for it. If this moment does not come soon, you are just beginning your journey in this direction, we will be there, we will always prompt and help. Good luck on the way of building your new stable future!
Permanent residence in Slovakia.