Skip to content

Forum of Russian immigration in the USA.

Forum of Russian immigration in the USA.
Visas of category K-1 are issued to future spouses of US citizens who come to the US for the purpose of marriage. Until 1970, the bride and groom of American citizens had no such opportunity and had to enter the United States on a tourist visa (obviously falling under the "double intention" clause) or marry abroad.
The status of category K can not be changed to any other. If the marriage is not concluded within the validity of the visa, the holder of the K status must leave the United States. Otherwise, he must be deported (expelled from the country).
A category K visa will be issued if the applicant:
will marry no later than 90 days from the date of arrival in the United States.
Applicants for a K visa naturally do not have to prove the lack of immigration intentions, since marriage with a US citizen gives them the right to permanent resident status. On the contrary, they must clearly express their intention to stay in the United States for permanent residence.
The K-2 visa is issued to unmarried children of K-1 visa holders. She does not give employment rights.
Before applying for a visa in the applicant's country, the American fiance (bride) must submit a petition to one of the four regional SIN centers in favor of the applicant for a K visa (Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative - petition for a foreign relative). A bride or groom, US citizens, acts as a petitioner applying for a K-beneficiary visa, that is, a recipient of benefits.
- Birth certificate indicating the place of birth in one of the 50 US states, as well as in Puerto Rico, Guam and the US Virgin Islands;
- State Department Form FS240 Report on Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States (certificate of the birth of a US citizen abroad);
- Certificate of INS on citizenship born abroad;
- passport of a US citizen;
evidence that the bride and groom have the right to enter into a legal marriage (certificates of 18 years of age, copies of certificates of dissolution of previous marriages or certificates of death of previous spouses);
evidence that the bride and groom are known for more than two years (photographs, letters, etc.); if the bride and groom belong to a religious community (sect) whose laws imply the absence of the fact of acquaintance before marriage, evidence must be provided that the bride and groom belong to such a community, as well as the statement of the head of the community with the statement of the adopted marriage order;
evidence of the sincerity of intentions (evidence that the necessary preparations for marriage and marriage have been made are a personal statement describing the circumstances of the acquaintance, the invitation to the wedding, the contract with the restaurant, the clergyman's statement, * the honeymoon, etc.).
In case of receiving a Notice (Denial), the groom (bride) - the petitioner can submit an appeal (complaint) to the same department within 18 days from now. This complaint is further forwarded to the Board of Appeals of the central office of INS in Washington. After about six months, we can expect an answer. According to statistics of INS, less than 5% of such complaints are satisfied. In case of refusal of the INS and only after that it is possible to apply to the court. An easier way to overcome this obstacle is to travel an American citizen abroad for the purpose of marrying there. After that, a foreigner (a foreigner) as the closest relative of a US citizen has the right to apply for permanent resident status.
form OF-179 (personal data);
Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (application for financial support);
results of medical examination;
certificate of criminal record.
Extension of the period of stay, change and change of status. The documents submitted for the extension of the period of stay are identical to those that were originally submitted for obtaining a visa or changing the status.

Hi! Do you want find a sex partner? It is easy! Click here, free registration!